Phill’s Corner — Prague, Czech Republic
No doubt bolstered by the success of his first bistro Phill’s Twenty7, restaurateur Filip Mičan has now launched Phill’s Corner, literally round the corner from his first outpost.
Located in the Holport Design Centre - which itself is housed in a building that dates back to 1911 - the new eatery provides nourishment from delicious sandwiches to small appetisers and daily changing lunch menus for the local creatives in the area.
Situated on the ground floor next to interior design store, Konsepti, Phill’s Corner joins a cast of chic design brands including Czech lighting specialist Lasvit (who has its flagship stores in the building), Moroso, Cappelini and Vitra among others, bringing its own sense of understated style to the building.
Designed by Jan Plecháč and Henry Wielgus, rough brick walls, which have been painted white, provide the base colour for the sensual, almost monochromatic appearance, while pale mint-green concrete floors add minimal tinge of colour. Furnishings and tabletop accessories are by a mix of brands such as Menu, Magis and Vitra; and naturally lighting takes centre stage with a bold geometric ceiling installation.
The adjoining shop meanwhile provides an array of small design goods which have been lit up by Mould hanging lamps created by the duo for Lasvit.