Who are the LVMH Prize 2021 finalists?
Discover this years nine LVMH Prize finalists, hailing globally, from South Africa to Shanghai
The LVMH Prize has garnered a host of exceptional prize winners from Thebe Magugu, who we profiled in our March 2021 Style Issue, to Marine Serre. Last year, in the wake of the unprecedented circumstances of Covid-19, the €300,000 winnings of the 2020 LVMH Prize was split equally between its finalists, which included Ahluwalia, Peter Do, Supriya Lele, and Chopova Lowena, the latter two brands who we also featured in the March 2021 Issue.
Today (28 April 2021), the nine finalists of the 2021 LVMH Prize have been announced, after a semi-final selection process which took place at the start of the month. The Prize’s committee of experts included Virgil Abloh, Jonathan Anderson, Marc Jacobs, Dior’s Maria Grazia Chiuri, and for the first time, the public. 32,000 people voted for their favourite candidate.
Meet the 2021 LVMH Prize finalists
Those contending for the LVMH Prize, which will be announced in September 2021 at the Louis Vuitton Foundation in Paris, are:
- British menswear designer Bianca Saunders
- 24 year old French designer Charles De Vilmorin
- American designer (and Kamala Harris favourite), Christopher John Rogers
- London-based womenswear designer Conner Ives
- New York-based brand KidSuper
- Bogota-based womenswear designer Kika Vargas
- Men’s and women’s Cape Town-based designer Lukhanyo Mdingi
- Albania-born London-based womenswear designer Nensi Dojaka
- Shanghai-based unisex brand Rui
Back in 2020, we featured Nensi Dojaka’s gauzy underwear-inspired designers as part of our Graduate Directory, and earlier this year, we invited Christopher John Rogers to be part of our prestigious judging panel for the Wallpaper* Design Awards 2021. §