A former barrel and cask cooperage dating from 1901, this industrial building on the Brooklyn waterfront has now been converted into a 72-room hotel by trio Australian hotelier Peter Lawrence, local property developer Jed Walentas (of Two Tress) and celebrated restaurateur Andrew Tarlow (of Diner and Marlow & Sons). The original exposed bricks, arched windows and cast iron columns have all been preserved, while the reclaimed pine ceilings were used to make the beds. The hotel’s common areas and rooftop bar, located in a new glass box extension that sits on top of the old warehouse, have both been designed by Brooklyn design office, Workstead, while the restaurant, Reynards, serve seasonal fare and wood-fired dishes created by Tarlow.